Borussia Dortmund will likely be reunited with Jadon Sancho once they meet Manchester United on the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Monday (kick-off: 3am CEST/6pm Sunday native time).
Sancho emerged as a fan favorite at Dortmund after arriving from Manchester Metropolis in 2017, hitting 50 targets and 64 assists in all competitions on the best way to lifting the DFL Supercup in 2019 and DFB Pokal in 2021 earlier than leaving for Previous Trafford. Die Schwarzgelben have remained a powerful attacking drive since – final season solely champions Bayern Munich scored greater than them (92 vs. 83) – they usually have been among the many targets in pre-season, too, most lately beating San Diego Loyal 6-0. Youssoufa Moukoko and Julien Duranville had been each among the many targets on Friday, however could possibly be rested with Sebastien Haller and Donyell Malen beginning in Edin Terzic’s most well-liked entrance three. Marcel Sabitzer, who lately joined Dortmund from Bayern through a mortgage spell with United, could possibly be handed his unofficial debut. Emre Can will lead the group out having inherited the captain’s armband from Marco Reus.
Whereas Dortmund completed second within the Bundesliga final season, United had been third within the Premier League underneath Erik ten Hag. Sabitzer helped them to that end with 11 appearances, seven of them begins, however his place of their midfield has now nominally gone to Mason Mount, who has joined from Chelsea. After beating Lyon and Arsenal in pre-season, the Crimson Devils have suffered consecutive defeats to Ryan Reynolds-owned Wrexham and Actual Madrid. Sancho solely received the ultimate half-hour towards Actual however could possibly be restored to the beginning line-up right here.
- Dortmund have gained all 4 of their pre-season friendlies this summer season with an mixture rating of 18-3.
- Former captain Reus has been their most prolific scorer to this point with 4.
- Julian Brandt was Dortmund’s best attacking outlet final season with 9 targets and eight assists from midfield.
- Sancho hit 38 targets and 51 assists in 4 seasons with Dortmund earlier than transferring to Man Utd in 2021.
- New Dortmund signing Sabitzer spent the second half of final season on mortgage at Man Utd from Bayern.
- Dortmund beat United 1-0 dwelling and away within the semi-finals of the 1996/97 UEFA Champions League, which they gained. They have not met competitively since.
Man Utd: Onana – Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Martinez, Shaw – Mount, Casemiro – Sancho, Fernandes (c), Garnacho – Rashford
Out: Diallo (ankle), Greenwood (suspended), Henderson (thigh), Mainoo (ankle), Martial (hamstring)
Uncertain: Malacia (muscular)
Coach: Erik ten Hag
Dortmund: Kobel – Ryerson, Süle, Hummels, Bensebaini – Reus, Can (c), Brandt – Malen, Haller, Adeyemi
Out: Coulibaly (not included), Bynoe-Gittens (shoulder), Morey (muscular)
Uncertain: Duranville (hamstring), Reyna (leg), Schlotterbeck (knee)
Coach: Edin Terzic