UFC 291 finished with a substantial win for Justin Gaethje, that racked up the most significant triumph of his job in definitive style. Gaethje landed a best head kick to knock senseless Dustin Poirier as well as protect the BMF title belt.
In the co-main occasion, Alex Pereira had a remarkable light heavyweight launching with a split choice sway Jan Blachowicz, possibly establishing himself up for a chance at the promo’s most mobile belt. Pereira’s document currently rests at 8-2.
Derrick Lewis broke a three-fight losing touch in emphatic style, billing Marcos Rogério de Lima with a flying knee at the beginning of the battle as well as never ever slowing down when his challenger was down. It was Lewis’ document 14th ko in UFC. Considered that it was the last battle of his UFC agreement, it was a really well-timed win for Lewis.
“I just said ‘Imma throw some bulls*** and see if it lands.’ It did,” Lewis claimed after the suit.
Bobby Environment-friendly got on track for a choice sway Tony Ferguson, however eliminated all uncertainty with an entry of the expert in the last 10 secs of the battle. The win damaged a four-fight touch without a success for Environment-friendly, while Ferguson published his 6th straight loss.
In the pay-per-view opener, Kevin Holland sent Michael Chiesa with a D’arce choke in the preliminary of their welterweight scrap. It was Holland’s 25th win in 35 professional battles. Chiesa document is currently 18-7 hereafter 3rd loss straight.
Below’s exactly how UFC 291 decreased:
UFC 291 real-time tracker: Updates, highlights as well as evaluation
UFC 291 major card, chances (Live currently on ESPN+PPV)
• Lightweight: Justin Gaethje def. Dustin Poirier by KO – 1:00 of R2
• Light heavyweight: Alex Pereira def. Jan Blachowicz by split choice (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
• Welterweight: Stephen Thompson (-225) vs. Michel Pereira (+175 ) • Heavyweight: Derrick Lewis def. Marcos Rogério de Lima by TKO (flying knee as well as strikes) – 0:33 of R1
• Lightweight: Bobby Environment-friendly def. Tony Ferguson by entry (arm-triangle choke) – 4:54 of R3
• Welterweight: Kevin Holland def. Michael Chiesa by entry (D’arce) – 2:39 of R1
UFC 291 prelims card results, highlights
• Welterweight: Gabriel Bonfim def. Trevin Giles by entry (guillotine) – 1:13 of R1:
• Flyweight: CJ Vergara def. Vinicius Salvador by consentaneous choice (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
• Middleweight: Roman Kopylov def. Claudio Ribeiro by KO (head kick) – 0:33 of R2:
• Welterweight: Jake Matthews def. Darrius Flowers by entry (back nude) – 2:37 of R2
UFC 291 very early prelims card results, highlights
• Welterweight: Uroš Medić def. Matthew Semelsberger by TKO (ground as well as extra pound) – 2:36 of R3:
• Female’s flyweight: Miranda Radical def. Priscila Cachoeira by entry (armbar) – 2:11 of R2: